Synergy implements superior, intelligent treatment solutions for the clean-up and remediation of Per and Poly Fluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS) associated with Aqueous Film Forming Foam (AFFF) contamination.
Synergy’s personalised approach complemented by our large inventory of specialised equipment and experienced personnel positively differentiates us in relation to PFAS remediation.
Investing several million dollars of research and development expenditure, Synergy, in consultation with strategic alliance partners, have developed a unique multi-barrier water treatment process technology using a range of proprietary products and processes.
Synergy has the necessary expertise and specialised equipment to remediate PFAS contamination and can provide various capacity water treatment plants to suit any size project including:
- Small – Up to 10 litres per second
- Medium – Up to 25 litres per second
- Large – Up to 100 litres per second
Synergy’s PFAS water treatment plant technology and proprietary processes are achieving performance well below Regulatory drinking water criteria.
Synergy achieves this by using proprietary Anion Exchange Resin (AIX) synthetic media manufactured to strict quality control and activated specifically to optimise PFAS recovery.
- Perfluoroalkyl Sulfonic Acids
- Perfluoroalkyl Carboxylic Acids
- Perfluoroalkyl Sulfonamides
- Fluorotelomer Sulfonic Acids and Precursors.
Bespoke and Multi-Faceted
In addition to PFAS, if other co-contaminants are present, Synergy can remove these by incorporating other complementary multi-barrier treatment processes as required. Synergy can tailor our treatment processes to address any Regulatory Authority PFAS discharge limits as required including:
- Unlimited PFAS concentration before treatment, to less than (<) Australian Government Department of Health - Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) guidelines after treatment
- Unlimited PFAS concentration before treatment, to less than (<) 0.2 μg/L after treatment
- Unlimited PFAS concentration before treatment, to less than (<) 0.02 μg/L after treatment
- Unlimited PFAS concentration before treatment, to less than (<) 0.002 μg/L after treatment (Ultratrace)
- Unlimited PFAS concentration before treatment, to Non-Detect Total Organic Fluorine (TOF) and Total Oxidisable Precursors (TOP)
Supported by NATA accredited laboratory results, Synergy’s PFAS water treatment technology presents less risk to Regulatory Authorities and increased client satisfaction with certainty of good outcomes.
Our bespoke technology and in-house expertise delivers effective, dependable, proven and reliable PFAS remediation with vastly reduced costs compared to other methods.